Skip to main content
Planning to Enroll in ECE 4335 Next Semester?

ECE 4335 Prerequisites

  • ECE 3155 - Electronics Laboratory
  • ECE 3317 - Applied Electromagnetic Waves
  • ECE 3340 - Numerical Methods (for EE students only)
  • ECE 3355 - Electronics
  • ECE 3436 - Microprocessor Systems
  • INDE 2333 - Engineering Statistics I
  • one core-approved economics elective
  • must be within one year of graduation


Enrolling in Senior Design I

Senior Design Orientation: Students planning on enrolling in Senior Design I (ECE 4335) for the fall 2024 semester should have attended one of the orientation meetings that were held in April. If you were not able to attend one of those orientations, please get in touch with Dr. Trombetta as soon as possible. If you did attend one of those orientations, please continue reading.

Enrolling in ECE 4335: To enroll in Senior Design I, you need to do the following.

  1. Fill out the ECE 4335 Checklist. Be sure to include the Senior Year Planner showing all courses you will be taking in your senior year.
    Note: If you have not filed a Degree Plan Form and declared a concentration area (EE students), or chosen CpE electives (CpE students), you need to do that as soon as possible. Go to the ECE Undergraduate Advising Webpage and scroll down to Degree Plan Form for EE and CPE Students. Once that is complete, you should continue here.
  2. Choose your situation from the following.
    1. You are enrolled in or have completed all the prerequisites for ECE 4335. Your ECE 4335 checklist is complete, and you have indicated the courses you will be taking in senior year.
      In this case, e-mail your ECE 4335 checklist to Dr. Trombetta (trombett [at] (trombett[at]cougarnet[dot]uh[dot]edu)). If everything looks good, he will give you permission to enroll in ECE 4335 and e-mail you when he has done that.
    2. Either…
      1. …you will not have completed all the ECE 4335 prerequisites by fall 2024, or
      2. …there are issues concerning course credit for some reason (e.g., incomplete transfer credit).
      In this case, you will need to make an appointment with Dr. Trombetta. Go to the ECE undergraduate advising web page, and schedule an appointment. A link to do that is found near the top of that web page.

ECE Undergraduate Advising Webpage 
Len Trombetta: trombett [at] (trombett[at]cougarnet[dot]uh[dot]edu)


Mandatory Orientation

All students must attend a mandatory orientation before being enrolled in ECE 4335.


Helpful Links