I Need to Talk to an Advisor
Director of Undergraduate Studies
Dr. Len Trombetta
azabaneh [at] central [dot] uh [dot] edu
Students will schedule advising appointments through Navigate.
General Advising Information
How Do I Register for Classes
Prerequisites are enforced in this department. Make sure you always consult your programmed flowchart for these enforced prerequisites.
In general, students must follow the degree plan and flowchart in effect at the time they were admitted to the department. A student may choose to follow a later degree plan, but not an earlier one .
Electrical and Computer Engineering (PDF)
The ECE Base shown in the first two years of the flowchart are normally taught both Fall and Spring. However, there are some courses in the 3rd and 4th years that are taught only once per year. Using the Expected Course Offerings page (see link below) can best assist in planning a few semesters ahead.
- Planning Ahead - Expected Future Course Offerings for Upcoming Semesters
- Know Your Requisites - UH Course Catalog
- Choose UH Approved Core Courses - Language, Philosophy & Culture and Creative Arts
ECE 5397 Course Offerings
Information about ECE 5397 courses being offered but not listed in the current catalog can be found here. It is important to include section numbers when searching for these courses, as they will all be titled ECE 5397 -- Selected Topics. Section numbers are subject to change and will be advertised as they become available. You can find out when these courses are being offered by checking our expected course offerings. For more information about the course content and prerequisite requirements, click on the course name of your choice.
Special Topic Offerings - Spring 2021
- Neurohumanities - Contact Jose Vidal-Contreras for details (jlcontr2 [at] Central [dot] uh [dot] edu)
- Computer Vision & Machine Learning - Contact Hien Nguyen for details (hvnguy35 [at] Central [dot] uh [dot] edu)
- Intro to Cybersecurity - Contact Miao Pan for details (mpan2 [at] central [dot] uh [dot] edu)
- Hardware Verification - Contact Hung (Harry) Le for detail (harry [dot] q [dot] le [at] gmail [dot] com)
How Can I Choose a Concentration?
In the last two years of the EE degree plan, students must choose one of six Concentration Areas. All students in the EE program must submit a signed Degree Plan Form by visiting with their concentration advisor prior to enrolling in their first Concentration Elective. Once the degree plan has been signed, the form will need to be returned to the front desk in N308.
If you want advice choosing a concentration area, SAC Advising Week is where you want to be! The Student Advising Committee (SAC) hosts this event every semester to connect students with faculty and industry representatives. You will be notified with dates and important information via email and newsletter for the semester's upcoming SAC Advising Week.
Degree Plan Forms
Want to Transition from 2011 to 2014-2015 Degree Plans
I'm Ready to Graduate