For more info, contact:
Dr. Ji Chen
Director of Graduate Admissions
E-mail: jchen23 [at] central [dot] uh [dot] edu
E-mail: ece_grad_admit [at] uh [dot] edu
Graduate Program — General Information
At the graduate level, the mission of our program is to involve our students in advanced education and state-of-the-art research, in order to give them the technical expertise that will enable them to become advanced practicing engineers and productive researchers.
To fulfill our mission, we have set the following specific goals for our graduate program.
- To offer advanced state-of-the-art courses on topics of modern interest and importance.
- To provide students in the M.E.E. (non-thesis) programs the opportunity to participate in professional projects, including internships with industry, as preparation for professional careers in industry.
- To direct students in the M.S. (thesis) programs in significant research as preparation for continued graduate work or professional/research careers in industry.
- To direct Ph.D. students in leading-edge research as preparation for academic careers or advanced research-oriented careers in industry.
- To instill students with the desire for life-long learning, innovation, and creative professional work that will lead to the advancement of the engineering discipline.
Note: remember to follow the ECE calender for general petition deadlines so that the department will have ample time to process your request.