Dr. Stanko R. Brankovic
N 308 Engineering Building 1
Houston, Texas 77204-4005
Tel: 713-743-4409 | Fax: 713-743-4444
Email: SRBrankovic [at] uh [dot] edu
- BSE Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, University of Belgrade, Serbia
- PhD Science and Engineering of Materials, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
Seagate Research Center, Pittsburgh, PA
Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY
Courses Taught at UH
- ECE 1331 Computer Problem Solving
- ECE 2300 Electrical Circuits
- ECE 6397 Electrochemical Nanofabrication Technology
- ECE 6348 Material Science of Thin Films
- ECE 5397/6397 Introduction to Nanoscale Design and Eng.
- CHEE 6397 Experimental Methods in Chemical Engineering
- ECE 1100 Introduction in Electrical Engineering
- ECE 6312 Fundamentals of Ferromagnetic Materials
- ECE 6397 Alternative Energy Storage and Energy Conversion Systems
Awards and Honors
- The Faculty Early Career Development Award , National Science Foundation, 2010
- University of Houston Award for Excellence in Research and Scholarship, University of Houston, 2010
- Cullen College of Engineering Junior Faculty Research Award, Cullen College of Eng. Univ. of Houston, 2009
- Serbian Academy of Arts and Sciences Student Fellow, Serbian Academy of Arts and Sciences, 1993-1994
- Paja S. Tutundzic Foundation Student Fellow, College of Technology and Metallurgy, Univ. of Belgrade, 1992-1994
Nanotechnology, Science and Applications
Electrochemical Thin Film Growth, Magnetic Materials and Nanostructures, Nanofabrication, Electrocatalysis, Sensors, Physics and Thermodynamics of Electrified Interfaces.
Strained Annealing for Cu Grain Growth in sub-50 nm Interconnect, S. R. Brankovic (PI-100%), Semiconductor Research Corporation 2012-IN-2339, ($76,000), 09/01/2012-08/31/2013
Development of Electrodeposited CoFeNiX Films with Low Magnetic Losses for Power Application, S. R. Brankovic (PI-100%), National Semiconductor Corporation/Texas Instruments – Gift Grant ($160,000), 01/01/2011-12/31/2012.
Electrochemical Nanofabrication-The Transformative Concept towards Synthesis of Novel Materials. Functional surfaces and Nanostructures. S.R. Brankovic (PI-100%), NSF CAREER CHE # 0955922, (540,000$) 07/01/2010-06/31/2015.
Electrochemical Nanofabrication of High-Anisotropy Bit-Patterned Magnetic Arrays using Self-Limiting Ion Milling Fabricated Templates, D. Litvinov (PI), S. R. Brankovic (co-PI), D. Weller (co-PI), NSF CMMI #0927786 (280,000$), 09/01/2009-09/31/2013.
Resistivity Control in CoNiFeX Alloys, N. Dole, D.W. Lee, N. Brockie, A. Papou, S. R. Brankovic, 222nd, The Electrochemical Society Meeting, Honolulu, HI, Oct 7-13, (2012).
Lead Underpotential Deposition on Sub-monolayer Pt and Ru Modified Au(111) Surface, Q. Yuan, M. Slavkovic, A. Tripathi and S. R. Brankovic, 222nd, The Electrochemical Society Meeting, Honolulu, HI, Oct 7-13, (2012).
(Invited) Thermodynamic and Kinetic Aspects of Metal Deposition via Surface Limited Red-ox Replacement Reaction, S. R. Brankovic, 222nd, The Electrochemical Society Meeting, Honolulu, HI, Oct 7-13, (2012).
(Invited) Electrochemical Synthesis of Metal-Metal Oxide Materials for Magnetic Field Sensor Application, S. R. Brankovic, J. George, R. Sharma, R. Carpenter, S. Elhalawaty and D. Litvinov, 222nd, The Electrochemical Society Meeting, Honolulu, HI, Oct 7-13, (2012).
(Invited) Electrodeposited Ferromagnetic Metal/Metal Oxide Materials for Magnetic Field Sensor Application, S. R. Brankovic, J. George, R. Carpenter, S. Elhalawaty and D. Litvinov, 63rd International Society of Electrochemistry Meeting, Prague, Czech Republic, Aug. 19-24 (2012).
(Invited) Stress Control in Electrodeposited 2.4 T CoFe Films, B. Kagajwala, A. Adesanya, J. George, S. Hossain and S. R. Brankovic, 221 ECS Meeting, Seattle, WA, May 6th-May10th, (2012).
(Invited) Electrochemical Synthesis of Magnetic Materials and Nanostructures for Magnetic Recording and MEMS Application, S. R. Brankovic, Material Science Department, University of Wisconsin at Madison, WI, April 26th (2012)
(Invited) Electrochemical Synthesis of Materials for Energy Application,S. R. Brankovic, Physics Department, University of Texas at Brownsville, TX, January 10th (2012)
For the full list of Dr. Brankovic's publication please go to: http://www2.egr.uh.edu/~ecnfg